Sunday, March 4, 2012

"Present"ation for a Double Birthday Party

My son was invited to a kids birthday party this past weekend. It was for a pair of brothers who were a couple of years apart, yet had their birthday's within the same week.

If you remember my ""Present"ation and a "Bow-Stache"" post, I love an opportunity to come up with some creative gift wrapping. I had some rare time on my hands so I decided to personalize their gift bags with their initials "I" for Ian and "C" for Christian.  I also created matching gift tags for the bags.

First I gathered up the materials:
  • 2 brown paper bags with handles - big enough to hold the presents
  • scrapbooking paper
  • plain cardstock 
  • circle cutter (or punch)
  • cardstock sheets of perforated alphabet letters
  • glue stick 
  • white glue
  • ribbon
  • tissue paper
Gather supplies
I found these Heidi Grace alphabet punch-out cardstock perforated letters at Micheal's craft store
Cut out circles big enough for the bag, and one more for the coordinating gift tag, using scrapbooking paper scraps.

Also, cut out one more circle in coordinating patterned paper.

Place white glue behind the largest cardstock circle and adhere to bag.

Use a glue stick to adhere the patterned scrapbooking paper to the large cardstock circle, so the thinner paper wouldn't wrinkle.

Use white glue to adhere to smallest circle, on both gift tag circle and on patterned smaller circle, on bag.

A while back I ordered these birthday postcards (set of 100), via a free deal from Vistaprint.com (they have a whole line of free product, just pay shipping).  I chose the cake photo for the front of the postcard, added the "Happy happy birthday" wording, then left the back of the postcard blank so words or drawings or both can be added and the the postcard can be slipped into the gift bag.   



Once the letters are glued onto the circles, voila! 

Then punch a hole in the tops of the gift tags, run a ribbon through and attach to bags.

 Then you will have an original personalized gift bag for the two birthday brothers!  Apologies for the lack of a final photo.  We got too caught up in the birthday fun!  Enjoy!

 

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...