Tuesday, February 28, 2012

A Patch for my Favorite Jeans

American Eagle jeans are my absolute favorite brand of jeans. They are so soft and comfy!


My jeans originally came with a couple of holes, but they had "strings" across the opening and weren't gaping open.  Then one day I looked down to see an unshaven leg patch hanging out of the gaping hole in my jeans, it was then that I decided it needed to be patched. 


Perfect timing because my sewing machine was ready to go!  I grabbed a fabric scrap and made sure that it fit behind the hole:


Pinned it in place:


Turned my jeans inside out:


Double-checked the placement:


Trimmed away the excess fabric:


Unpinned the patch:


Adhered double-sided, washable, non-sticky-for-the-sewing-machine tape, made by Stitch Witchery:


Reapplied the patch:



Flipped my pants back to right-side-out:


Used a light blue thread and sewed across the patch in zig-zag stiches, making sure to sew past the patch and onto the denim:


And voila!


I can wear my favorite jeans again! 


I think I'm liking this whole new world of sewing!  

 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Do you have more details on this tape? Is it the fusible stuff you need to iron?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...